Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Summer Playlist

So summer is right around the corner.

Here's what I'll be listening to while I drive around with my windows down jamming out with my favorite girls:

1. Biscuits - Kacey Musgraves
The perfect summer/sass song that is full of old southern sayings telling someone to get out of your business.
Best Lyric: "Mind your own biscuits, and life will be gravy."
Bless your heart. 

2. Maps - Maroon 5
Maroon 5 is always a solid choice, but this song is exceptionally catchy. 
Best Lyric: "Following, Following, Following, to you, the maps that lead to you."

3. She's so Mean - Matchbox Twenty
Minus the one curse word in this song, it is one of those songs you could listen to over and over again. 


4. Want to Want Me - Jason Derulo
SO SO CATCHY! THAT'S ALL I'M GOING TO SAY. 
Best Lyric: "Girl, you're the one I want to want me, and if you want, baby girl you got me."

5. Jackson - Johnny Cash
This isn't just a summer song, it is an all the time song. 
ps. I like this song so much that one of my qualifications for a potential date is that he has to be willing to sing this song with me. 

6. Runaway Train - Cam
Solid country song with a strong beat. Perfect for driving and singing. 
Best Lyric: "There's no slowing down, now I'm a runaway train."

7. Bless My Heart - Leah Turner
Ditto what I said for #6 but this has more sass. 

8. Nobody Love - Tori Kelly
As much as I love country, I have to switch it up with some pop, and Tori Kelly is a good way to go.
Best Lyric: "I should be more cynical and tell myself it's not okay to feel this good when I'm with you."  

9. Southern Style - Darius Rucker
Perfect cruise song. 
Best Lyric: "She said she don't believe in strangers, only sinners with a Savior, because her mom and daddy raised her Southern Style."

10. Half Broke Heart - Cam
Cam is my new favorite artist, so she's on here again.
This song is about a girl not being into a guy enough to be completely heartbroken, but that it still hurts when he leaves. The sass is real. 

11. Break Up With Him - Old Dominion
Eh, I just like it. 
12. Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
CLASSIC! NEED ALWAYS! 

13. Love Me Like You Mean It - Kelsea Ballerini
So good. So good. Jam. Always. 

14. Shut Up and Dance - Walk the Moon 
One of the best songs on the radio right now. 
Best Lyric: "Don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me, I said you're holding back, she said Shut Up and Dance with me."

15. Games - Luke Bryan
Luke Bryan is a must for all summer time fun. 

16. 500 Miles - The Proclaimers
CLASSIC! 
Best Lyric:You should know this song, I don't need to write a lyric here.

17. You and I - Johnny Swim'
Best Lyric: "You and I are fire and water, You and I are rain and thunder. You and I. There is no other, You and I." 

18. Mercy - Duffy
 I could listen to this song forever. It's just too fun. 

19. Cowboy Side of You - Clare Dunn
When the beat and the country kicks in, you can't help but drive faster. 

20. I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Loved You) - Aretha Franklin
My GIRL Aretha. Always and forever. 

21. Trouble (Edited)- Iggy Azalea and Jennifer Hudson
Best Lyric: "I should've known you were bad news, from the bad boy demeanor and the tattoos."

Honorable Mentions: 
Watermelon Crawl - Tracy Byrd
If all else fails, old country has to get your summer going.






No comments:

Post a Comment